New batch ready! Some minor differences:
- New box/shape matching a dedicated power supply we made (the power supply can also be used with previous version). (only availble in china warehouse and 220V version)
- We also added space on the PCB for a TCXO oscillator which can be added as an upgrade for 10usd.
- We removed the analog volume control, and added touch buttons to control the digital volume. These buttons will control the computer output level (same as if you use computer hotkeys to change volume)
more pictures coming soon.
This Sabre DAC features an USB Isolator chip (adum4160) that isolates the DAC from USB power. It can then be supplied with an external clean power supply. It accepts a wide range of DC and AC voltages. Batteries can also be used for optimal performance.
This makes it slightly less portable than the smaller brother, theUSB powered Sabre DAC, but might offer even better performance! We still recommend the smaller dac for ultimate portability and convenience.
This DAC can be used to drive headphones (with and RCA to 3.5mm jack adaptor).
It also acts as an USB to coaxial adapter. The COAX besides the USB input is output!
Note: Power supply is required and not included!
USB cable is not included.
- Mac, Windows and Linux computers.
- Confirmed working with iPad 3 (iOS 6.0.1) using this USB hub: http://us.hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=55
- Input USB. (the COAX connector is output!)
- Output on RCA plugs (analog) and COAX (digital)
- No drivers required for Mac, Windows and Linux!
- Normal line level output (2Vrms)
- Requires external (not included) power supply: DC from 5-15V or AC from 4-11V. 500mA. Both polarity DC is ok. Plug is 5.5-6/2.1. From 5.5mm to 6mm on outside and 2.1mm in the middle.
- Power draw: 53mA (63mA with TCXO) when playback. and 2mA at USB Bus. 18mA when USB cable is unplugged.
Highlights about Sabre ES9023 dac chip:
- The sound go straight out of the DAC chip and into your headphones or amplifier. It is not needed that the sound signal go through a capacitor to remove a DC voltage, there is no DC voltage to remove! This omits the need of a cap which adds costs and reduces sound quality.
- Jitter Eliminator! The ES9023 utilize patented HyperstreamTM architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator.
- 112db DNR
USB chip TenorTE7022L:
- Accepts up to 96khz/24bit input signals over USB. Most USB DAC's use the cheaper PCM2704 usb receiver chips that can only accept up to 48khz/16bit.